Jeff Parker, “BP’s Sick Gulf Fish.”
Posts tagged oil spill
1. Congress STILL hasn’t enacted a single piece of legislation responding to the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.
2. It took 9,700 vessels, 127 aircraft, 47,829 people, nearly 2 million gallons of toxic dispersants, and 89 days to stop the gush of oil.
3. Its legacy on sea life: Eyeless shrimp, crabs without claws, and fish with open lesions
4. 60 percent of the oil from the spill remains unaccounted for, according to a Florida State University study.
5. 3,000 miles of beaches and wetlands along the Gulf Coast were contaminated and damaged by oil.
Source: Center for American Progress